Parent Page: Students id: 29834 Active Page: Non-Major Enrollmentid:31095

Non-Major Enrollment


The OU College of Professional and Continuing Studies welcomes non-majors to enroll in its online courses. 

How can I enroll in a course through OU College of Professional and Continuing Studies?

As of April 2024, the College of Professional and Continuing Studies has removed the campus restrictions for our courses.  As long as a student meets the course prerequisites, there should be no issues adding their chosen class.  The only course that a student must obtain departmental permission for is PSMS (LSTD) 1053 – Mathematics for Liberal Studies.   Please e-mail if you meet the prerequisite but are still running into errors.

What if I need to drop an OU College of Professional and Continuing Studies course?

PACS eight-week courses have a one-week free drop period.  To receive a refund, students must drop online by the first Friday of the course at 5PM.  Failure to do so will result in full charges.  If you are unable to drop online, please e-mail   

What if the OU College of Professional and Continuing Studies course I want to take is full?

PACS has added the waitlist function to all of our eligible courses beginning summer 2024.  If the course you wish to take has filled, please add yourself to the waitlist and the system will notify you if a spot becomes available.  Full course permission is reserved for PACS students only and cannot be overridden with instructor permission. 

How does this class fit into my degree?

Students should consult with their academic advisor before enrolling in any course outside of their major. Your advisor will be able to tell you if the course you want can be used in your degree.

Do I need a math placement test in order to enroll in Mathematics for Liberal Studies?

Non-major enrollment requests for Mathematics in Liberal Studies will be checked for appropriate math placement and may be denied if a developmental math course is needed. Students who have questions about math placement should consult with their assigned advisor or contact the Developmental Math Program at (405) 325-5101.