These guidelines are specifically for LRGCC authors whose papers are accepted for poster presentation.
General Poster Information
At the poster sessions, text and supporting illustrations will be mounted on individual display boards. Each presentation will be provided a board 39" by 59", white in color and covered with a flat matte finish. Poster papers will be attached to the board with double-faced tape, which will be provided by the conference.
All material, both text and illustrations, must be prepared in advance of the conference and brought by the presenters to the poster session room on the morning of the session. Facilities will be available for onsite preparations.
Poster presentations must be ready to exhibit according to the following schedule:
(It is recommended that all authors be present at the morning and afternoon breaks)
- Morning breaks: 10:00 - 10:30 a.m.
- Afternoon breaks: 3:00 - 3:30 p.m.
Each presenter will be responsible for removing their display immediately after the end of the conference. LRGCC organizers will not assume responsibility for any materials left by the presenters after the end of the conference.
For a poster session to be successful, the author(s) must be present during the designated time of the poster sessions.
Poster authors presenting their exhibits are required to present their papers in English.
Suggestions for an Effective Exhibit
The following points should be considered in preparing an effective display.
- A heading for the poster should state the title of the presentation, the names of the authors, and their affiliation(s).
- Most presentations should consist of four parts:
- research methods
- results or conclusions
- Color illustrations are recommended for the poster. However, only black and white illustrations can be used in the printed conference proceedings. A color version may be used for the proceedings.
- Commercialism—in the form of signs, banners, or logos attached to the display board—is discouraged. It is recognized that trade names are often essential and can be used in the paper.
- Avoid overcrowding the display. Some blank areas allow for a more effective, organized appearance and permit emphasizing certain points.
- A simple color background or border for text and illustrations provides emphasis and makes the display more attractive.
Poster Session Breakfast
Poster session presenters are invited to attend the Speakers' Breakfast on Tuesday morning.
Download Poster Guidelines