A.R. Bert Larason Public Service Scholarship Criteria
Students must meet all criteria to be eligible for consideration.
- Applicants must be enrolled full time
- Applicants must have a major course of study in Organizational Leadership, Criminal Justice, Lifespan Care Administration, or Integrative Studies
- Applicatnts must demonstrate leadership ability
- Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or above
- Applicants must be classified as seniors in the year of the award.
- Applicants from Oklahoma will be given preference, but all applicants will be considered.
Required Application Materials
Application materials should be six to eight pages.
- Completed Undergraduate Startup Application form
- Statement of purpose (one to two pages), responding to the following questions:
• What are your educational interests and goals?
• Why do you want to obtain a degree from the University of Oklahoma and from OU Extended Campus?
- Letter describing financial need (one page). This letter should address how the scholarship is significant to you and/or how it would benefit your continuing progress
- Demonstrated Career Plan. This plan should demonstrate use of your education in your chosen field.
- Resume (one to two pages). There is no one correct resume format; however, your resume should include information about, but not limited to, the following categories that are applicable to you: education, community involvement, extracurricular activities, work experience, internships, honors, awards, scholarships, and any additional pertinent information