Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) Exam Prep
Due to changes in PMI's CAPM exam and testing materials, the CAPM Prep Course is currently on hold for 2023. Please make sure to check back for more information as it becomes available.
- $375 for OU faculty/staff/students
- $475 for non-OU affiliated participants
Note: Course fees include texts required for the program. Class will be held in-person at the Thurman J. White Forum building, located at 1704 Asp Avenue, Norman OK 73072
If your company or department is paying the fee for this course, the online form has an option for you to select OR please download the PDF Form for information you will need to provide over the phone to our Registrar. Then call our Registrar at (405) 325-6034. You will be issued an invoice for processing by your financial services staff. All payments are due before the course starts.
Cancellations/refunds: Participants are eligible for a full refund upon cancellation of their registration in the course if notice of cancellation is given at least seven days before the start of the course. Partial refunds are available for cancellations inside the seven day window before the start of the course and are subject to approval upon review by program staff. No call/no show participants will still be charged the full amount for the course.
The CAPM Prep Course is an OU Certificate non-credit professional development course that will prepare you for PMI’s Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) exam and designation. You do not need to have full project management knowledge to take this course! Project Management occurs in daily life and our prep course will reveal and enhance that knowledge in a specific way, along with providing you additional key information to prepare you for the Project Management Institute's CAPM exam.
Please note: We do not administer the CAPM exam. Please visit the Project Management Institute for more information about CAPM requirements and exam details. Also, PMI now offers its CAPM exam as an online proctored option, for added scheduling flexibility.
- Our course satisfies Option 2 of the PMI CAPM required 23 PMI project education hours, verified by receipt of an OU CAPM Prep Course Certificate of Completion of 24 total hours.
- This course requires completion of all 24 hours of instruction, please plan to attend all three days.
- OU's CAPM Prep Course is taught boot-camp style, with a significant amount of information provided in a compressed timeframe, and is ideal for individuals who are new to project management and also for those who either hold or are seeking entry to mid-level project management positions.
- Our materials are PMI Registered Education Provider certified as is our project seasoned instructor.
- Individuals from all industries and professions are encouraged to attend. Receiving this training, and then becoming certified through enrolling with PMI to take your CAPM exam, demonstrates your breadth of project knowledge and that you are a person who is serious about developing and enhancing their skills and is on their way to becoming an experienced project manager.
- Even if you already have advanced project experience or education, you still need to prepare vigorously for the exam and successful CAPM candidates engage strategic preparation tools, such as our CAPM Prep course.