Extended Campus North America and Europe Graduate FAQs

Let’s face it: life gets busy. Sometimes it feels like your schedule controls you, not the other way around. At OU Extended Campus, we believe online education should adapt to your schedule. It’s your degree on your schedule. 

At PACS, we know you have questions. So, here are the answers to some of the most common ones:

The University of Oklahoma is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. The highest level of college work offered is the doctoral degree. The Higher Learning Commission is located at 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, Illinois 60604. Telephone: (800) 621-7440.

Tuition varies by location. Contact your OU Site Director for details or view tuition rates.

No. As long as you have a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university and meet the admissions standards for your selected program, you may enroll into any OU degree program being offered worldwide. Your undergraduate degree may be in any subject area, and no specific courses are needed as prerequisites.

No. Admission to OU is based on your last 60 hours of letter-graded undergraduate coursework, or, if you have already taken graduate work, it is based on 12 or more hours of letter-graded graduate work. In cases of a low GPA, exceptional scores on the GRE or MAT may be used as one piece of supplemental evidence of your ability to do graduate-level work.

If you take approximately six semester hours of course work per term, you can complete any of the OU master's degree programs in six terms (two years).  If you take more than six semester hours per term, you can earn your degree in four or five terms (16-20 months).

Admission to our degree programs are on a rolling, continuous basis. You can apply and begin taking courses at any time.

The schedule for the program(s) at each site allows for program completion from 16 months to two years.  If you are not able to take a course when it is offered at your site, if you would prefer to take a course being offered at another site, or if you wish to accelerate your program, you may take classes at any OU site. Additional options such as online classes, independent study, and independent directed readings may be available for your degree. Contact your Site Director for information.

Classes are held at our sites in North America, Europe, and Hawaii as well as online.

We do not accept life or work experience. However, military training may apply.y.

Yes. Financial aid and scholarships are available for those who qualify. Please visit OU Financial Aid for more information.

Yes. Students who have earned a baccalaureate degree and are in good standing in a graduate program at a regionally-accredited institution may apply to take classes as a visitor. To apply as a visitor, select “Grad College Visitor” as your Academic Program when you complete the online admission application, pay the $50 application fee, and provide a letter of good standing from the dean of your home institution. No other academic credentials are required.