- 33 credit hours
- Certificate hours breakdown: 12 core, 12 concentration, three elective, and six completion are required
- non-certification hours breakdown: 18 core, nine electives, and six completion
- Recommended Structure
- Six hours fall
- Six hours in spring
- Three hours in summer.
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Up to five years to complete the degree.
Three or Four Curriculum Areas:
- Degree Completion
- Graduate Certificates (optional)
- Restorative Justice Certificate
- Drug Policy Management Certificate
- Corrections Management Certificate
- Criminal Justice Administration Certificate
Criminal Justice Degree Planning Worksheet
Students can transfer credits into the master's program, as long as they meet the following requirements:
- Credit hours are not previously applied towards another degree.
- Are not more than five years old at the time of completion of the College of Professional and Continuing Studies degree
- Grade of an A, B, or S on a 4.0 scale.
- Graduate-level courses
CRIMINAL JUSTICE GRADUATE CERTIFICATES
Graduate certificates provide an opportunity for a focused program of graduate study in a specified topic. You may complete the certificate program while enrolled in a graduate degree program, or you may be admitted directly to the certificate program. Hours taken in completion of the graduate certificate may be applicable to a graduate degree program. Certificate admission, retention, and completion GPA requirements are the same as for graduate degree programs.
Graduate Certificate in Restorative Justice
Graduate Certificate in Corrections Management
Graduate Certificate in Drug Policy Management
Graduate Certificate in Criminal Justice Administration