Quick Facts

Delivery: Onsite

Credit Hours: 90

Admissions: TBA

Delivery: Cohort format to military ID cardholders in Europe

Degree Locations

The Graduate College is responsible for periodic review of the academic performance of graduate students.

Academic Probation and Suspension Standards for Performance

All graduate students are required to maintain an overall 3.00 graduate GPA. Students falling below a 3.00 will be notified by letter that they have been placed on academic probation. Students placed on academic probation will be evaluated each semester.

Students on probation who fail to attain a cumulative GPA of at least 3.00 will be denied further enrollment after the probationary period. Students will be denied further enrollment when they are placed on any type of probation for the third time. A doctoral student who earns nine credit hours of C, D, and/or F will be disenrolled.

Students earning two or more credit hours of unsatisfactory (U) in one semester or summer session will be placed on academic probation for the next two enrollments. Earning two or more credit hours of U during this probationary period will be grounds for dismissal from an academic program. Students may be placed on probation a second time and recover if no additional U grades are earned during the probationary period.

Late Arrivals for Class

Students who arrive late for class violate the University of Oklahoma policy on the total number of teacher-student contact hours required for award of graduate credit in the intensified teaching format. Students who arrive late miss lecture material and decrease their class participation thereby affecting their learning and course grade.

Correcting Grades Reported in Error

The instructor initiates a grade change by filing a Faculty Request for Grade Change form with the college under which the course was taught.

Conferring of Degrees for OU Europe Students

Candidates for graduate degrees should apply for graduation early during the term graduation is anticipated. If the graduation request is not received during the first week of the semester, graduation may be delayed until the following semester. All graduation forms are available from your local Site Coordinator.

All OU Europe students, regardless of where they took their coursework, are encouraged to participate in the Norman campus spring commencement exercises.

Degrees are formally conferred at the spring commencement and in absentia at the end of each fall and summer semester. All diplomas are mailed to students following the official graduation date. The degree and date of the diploma are entered on the student's permanent academic record. The date of graduation for each term is the last day of examinations in the fall, the date of commencement in the spring and the last day of classes in the summer.

Should a student complete all requirements for graduation and apply for the degree at a time other than the end of a semester or summer session, the student can submit a written request to the Graduate College for a certified "Letter of Completion." This letter sates that the student is eligible for the degree as of the date when the requirements for the degree were completed.

Time Limitation for Degree Completion

A doctoral student who enters the University of Oklahoma program with a masters degree is expected to pass the general examination within four calendar years of the student's first graduate registration. A doctoral candidate is expected to complete all the degree requirements within five years after passing the general examination.

Release of Information about Students

Information about students and former students gathered by the University of Oklahoma is of two types: (1) directory, and (2) confidential. While the University fully acknowledges the student's rights of privacy concerning this information, it also recognizes that certain information is part of the public record and may be released for legitimate purposes. With these considerations in mind, the University of Oklahoma adopts the following policy concerning the release of information contained in student records:


Information that routinely appears in student directories and alumni publications may be freely released.

Confidential Information

This is all other information contained in the student's educational record and can be released only upon the written consent of the student with the following 10 exceptions:

  • Other school officials within the educational institution who have legitimate educational interests.
  • Officials of schools to which the student seeks to transfer.
  • The Comptroller General of the United States, the HEW Secretary, the administrative head of an educational agency or State educational authorities.
  • In connection with a student's application for, or receipt of, financial aid.
  • State and local officials or authorities to which such information is specifically required to be reported under State statute adopted prior to November 17, 1974.
  • Organizations or educational agencies conducting legitimate research, provided no personally identifiable information about the student is made public.
  • Accrediting organizations.
  • Parents of a dependent student upon proof of dependency as defined by the Internal Revenue Code of 1954. (Parents of international students are excluded.)
  • To comply with a judicial order or lawfully issued subpoena; provided that the educational agency or institution makes a reasonable effort to notify the student of the order or subpoena in advance of compliance.
  • In connection with an emergency when such information is necessary to protect the health or safety of the student or other persons.

Confidential information shall only be transferred to a third party, however, on the condition that such party will not permit any other party to have access to the information without the written consent of the student.