Patrick Clophus, WPI
This course will focus on the performance of the engine and emission options and settings.
Jeff Stover, Ariel Corporation; Jeb May, Ariel Corportation; Bill Pullin, Reynolds French; and Patrick Taylor, Hoerbiger
Kenneth Hall, Caterpillar Oil and Gas
Christopher Greene and Matthew Hadad, Ludeca, Inc.
Michael Clay, Solar Turbines, Inc
Pat Runnels, FW Murphy
Optimizing Engine Performance Using Advanced Engine Control Systems
Jim Dettore, Failure Analysis Services, Inc.
John Mueller, SnackLearning
• Fuels (compositions, qualities, BTU, fuel analysis)
• Fuel Systems-Physical (regulators, carburetors, throttle, controllers)
• Fuel System Adjustments (air fuel ratio concepts for rich and lean burn, adjustment concepts, WKI®
and methane number, air fuel ratio control concepts, engine derates)
• Cooling Systems-Physical (circuits, thermostats, expansion tanks, balance lines, filters, coolant types,
• Cooling Systems (contamination, cavitation, mineral scale, corrosion)