Family STEM Night
Would you like Sooner Flight Academy to be a part of your school’s Family STEM Night? We can bring a single activity, run the entire event or anything in between!
Aviation-related activities for a Family STEM Night include:
- Bernoulli's Principle: Using several fun, hands-on activity stations, participants will discover how making air move faster produces the low pressure needed to achieve lift for anything that flies.
- Martian Rovers: Participants use R/C toys (dressed as space rovers) to simulate the experience of controlling a rover on the face of the planet Mars!
- Newton’s Laws of Motion: Experience the three laws of motion by exploring nine interactive stations that will have participants asking questions, looking at possibilities and coming to conclusions about how things move.
- Parts of an Airplane: Participants receive a take-home styrofoam plane to label and experiment with while learning how all the control surfaces and parts work to achieve flight.
- Electrical Systems: What is a circuit? How does it work? What does it need to function? These questions are answered while working with a “Snap Circuit” kit and an instructor who will “light up” with answers!
- Aviators in History: What fun to meet Wiley Post, Amelia Earhart and the Wright Brothers while experimenting with activities that are part of aviation history like the wind tunnel, fuel weight and balance, and depth perception!
Scheduling a Family STEM Night Activity or Event
To schedule a program for your school or organization, simply click the Activity Request Form button and fill in your organizational information. Answering the questions on the form will give us an idea of the types of activities you are interested in. Once we have processed your request, we will contact you to start customizing your program.