- A minimum of 120 hours is needed for a Bachelor of Arts - Lifespan Care Administration.
- A minimum of 30 hours must be earned from OU Extended Campus.
- A minimum of 60 hours must be earned from a baccalaureate (four-year) institution.
- A minimum of 40 hours must be upper-division coursework.
- A minimum grade point average of 2.0 is needed for graduation.
- 12 - 40 hours of coursework must be completed.
- One upper division (3000/4000 level) Gen. Ed. course must be completed.
- An Associate of Arts (AA) or an Associate of Science (AS) from an accredited two-year Oklahoma institution waives the lower-division general education requirements.
- No more than 30 lower-division and upper-division hours can be waived with Prior Learning Assessments credit.
General Education Requirements
- Symbolic and Oral Communication (nine to nineteen hours)
- English Composition I or LSTD 1113 Interdisciplinary Composition I (three hours)
- English Composition II or LSTD 1133 Interdisciplinary Composition II (three hours)
- Math for Critical Thinking or LSTD 1053 Math for Liberal Studies (three hours)
- Foreign Language - two courses in the same language or two years in high school. (Must be taken outside of the College of Professional and Continuing Studies) (10 hours)
- Natural Science (seven hours)
- One Lab Science (LSTD 2553 Interdisciplinary Life Sciences and LSTD 1513 Introduction to Interdisciplinary Physical Sciences)
- One Non-Lab Science (LSTD 2533 Science as a Process)
- Social Science (six hours)
- American Federal Government or LSTD 1333 Governing Ourselves
- Any Social Science class such as LSTD 1313 What in the World are the Social Sciences
- Humanities (12 hours)
- Understanding Artistic Forms LSTD 3173 Renaissance Art
- U.S. History or LSTD 1153 History of the United States
- Upper-Division Western Civilization and Culture LSTD 3113 or 3133 Humanities of the Ancient or Modern World
- Non-Western Culture LSTD 3193 Non-Western Art
- Senior Capstone (three hours)
- Met by Degree Completion Requirements (LSTD 4953 Study in Depth)
Degree Courses (42 hours)*
- LSTD 3003 Interdisciplinary Inquiry (three hours)
- LSLC 3113 Lifespan Development (three hours)
- LSLC 3133 Lifespan Health (three hours)
- LSLC 3153 Ethical and Legal Issues in Health Care (three hours)
- LSLC 3173 Human Service Administration I (three hours)
- LSLC 3203 Care of Infant and Child (three hours)
- LSLC 3313 Issues in Adolescence I (three hours)
- LSLC 3403 Issues in Geriatrics I (three hours)
- LSLC 4063 Issues in Lifespan Research (three hours)
- LSLC 4173 Human Service Administration II (three hours)
- LSLC 4193 Human Service Budgeting and Finance (three hours)
- LSLS 3953 Lifespan Capstone Prospectus (three hours)
- LSTD 4953 Lifespan Practicum and Study-in-Depth (three hours)
*NOTE: All grades must be “C” or higher.
Early Childhood Track
- LSLC 3233 Problems of the American Family (three hours)
- LSLC 3273 Management of Infant and Child Care Facilities (three hours)
- LSLC 4203 Parenting: Different Models (three hours)
- LSLC 3333 Career and Life Development for Adolescents (three hours)
- LSLC 3373 Management for Adolescent Residential Care Facilities (three hours)
- LSLC 4313 Issuse in Adolescence II (three hours)
- LSLC 3423 Biology of Human Aging (three hours)
- LSLC 3473 Management of Geriatric Care Facilities (three hours)
- LSLC 4403 Issues in Geriatrics II (three hours)
Electives fulfill the remaining hours necessary for the completion of a BA degree after general education and BA major requirements have been met.
Electives can be taken online through OU Extended Campus and/or transferred from another college or university, subject to the minimum graduation requirements presented above.
Free electives (0-72 hours) (All grades must be "D" or higher)
Degree Planning Worksheet
Lifespan Care Administration Degree Planning Worksheet