Graduate Degree Seeking Student Admissions
At OU Extended Campus, you can excel beyond, exchange ideas, and change the world.
You are an international students if a visa is required to reside and study in the United States.
Learn the basics about applying as an international degree seeking student:
Graduate International Admissions Process
- Office of PACS Admissions receives $100.00 USD application and academic credentials.
- Office of PACS Admissions evaluates and verifies academic credentials.
- Application and credential evaluation are reviewed by graduate level PACS academic unit.
- Graduate level PACS academic unit returns recommendation to the Graduate College for review and approval.
- Office of PACS Admissions processes decision and notifies applicant.
NOTE: Under INS regulations, international students are not typically able to apply as unclassified students -- If F-1 VISA is required, the prospective student may not be classified as Unclassified at all. Students should contact the International Student Services office for information regarding regulations for international students.
Before You Apply
Thinking about graduate school?
The Office of PACS Admissions is charged with the processing of official and complete files for admission consideration; we do not conduct “pre-evaluations.”
100% OU online degree-seeking students are not permitted to receive an F-1 VISA. However, an OU Europe graduate student may apply for this category of VISA but ONLY if they are wishing to complete their study physically on the OU Norman campus.
Additional questions regarding the International requirement should be directed to a PACS International Admissions Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review the following questions and determine how they apply to you:
Have you earned at least the equivalent of a U.S. Bachelor’s degree or will you earn this degree before the term in which you wish to begin your graduate studies?
- Please submit a copy of your transcript (Insert hyperlink) ?? from your last degree granting institution with your application. We will accept an uploaded unofficial transcript, but no official referral can process until receipt of the official and complete transcript.
- You are not eligible for graduate study at the University of Oklahoma. See International Undergraduate Admission if you are interested in pursuing undergraduate study at the University of Oklahoma.
Do you know what area of study you wish to pursue?
- Contact your graduate department (Insert hyperlink) regarding supplemental requirements and the research interests of their faculty.
- See Programs and Deadlines (Insert hyperlink) or the OU Graduate College website (Insert hyperlink) for additional information about graduate programs at the University of Oklahoma.
Have you demonstrated proficiency in English? (TOEFL/IELTS/Previous study in the U.S.)
- Please request official copies of your scores. These must be sent directly from the testing organization to PACS Admissions (Insert hyperlink) – Our electronic authorization number is 6869. If you have previously studied at the university-level in the United States, please submit official transcripts from all institutions attended.
How to Apply
Step One: Complete the University of Oklahoma online application. See Apply Now (Insert hyperlink)!
Step Two: Submit the following with your application:
- OFFICIAL and COMPLETE transcripts or mark-sheets and degree certificates from your last degree-granting institution – If transcript/diploma isn’t in English, we will need both official (in native language) and official translations.
- Official TOEFL score sent directly from ETS or official IELTS score reports
- Unofficial copies of test scores may be uploaded with your online application. – However, officials are required for an official admission action.
- All financial support documentation.
Please note: Many departments require supplemental documentation. These supplemental documents may be uploaded along with your application. Please contact the department to which you are applying (Insert hyperlink) if you have questions about supplemental requirements.