TRANSFORM YOURSELF. TRANSFORM THE WORLD.
The first step to becoming a Sooner is to apply! Each application is read thoroughly, thoughtfully, and fairly to evaluate all-around excellence.
A minimum of:
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally-accredited institution
- 3.0 GPA*
*NOTE: OU Extended Campus can still conditionally admit applicants who show potential for academic success but do not meet the minimum GPA admission requirements. These students, however, must maintain at least a 3.0 GPA or higher during the first 12 hours of letter-graded OU coursework in their degree program. Applicants who DO NOT meet the admission criteria need to check our Graduate Admissions FAQs for details.
Graduate Application Deadlines
|SESSION||APPLICATION DEADLINE |
*NOTE: OU Extended Campus recommends applying for finanical aid at the same time you apply for admission.
Apply to OU
Step One: Complete an OU Graduate Application
- Select OU Extended Campus - Not Norman or Tulsa
Step Two: Upload in the Application
- Admission requires a resume, so we can gain a better understanding of your career path and professional development. Format your resume in a professional manner, highlighting past work experience and education. Evaluators will be looking for career growth, increased responsibility, and the overall picture of your professional development.
- Statement of Purpose
- Administrative Leadership: 300-500 word Statement of Purpose describing career and educational goals, current resume/CV, three letters of recommendation
- Criminal Justice: 300-500 word Statement of Purpose describing career and educational goals, current resume/CV, three letters of recommendation
- Human and Health Services Administration: 300-500 word Statement of Purpose describing career and educational goals, current resume/CV
- Museum Studies: 300-500 word Statement of Purpose describing career and educational goals, current resume/CV, three letters of recommendation, academic writing sample (example of applicant's capacity for scholarly writing)
- Prevention Science: 300-500 word Statement of Purpose describing career and educational goals, current resume/CV
- Last Degree Conferring Transcript
- Three Letters of Recommendation (MS Criminal Justice applicants only)
- Recommendations should be written by a professional source. A professional source can be a current or past employer, a practitioner in the criminal justice field, someone familiar with your academic background, a civic or business leader, or another reference that is not a family member. Recommendations discussing your fit with the MS Criminal Justice degree program are preferred.
Step Three: Pay the non-refundable $50 application fee.
Once OU receives all materials (Steps One - Three), Admissions will begin processing your application. Extended Campus will make a recommendation and send it to OU's Graduate College for final review and an official admission decision. Admissions will email a decision letter to the address listed on the application.
Average processing time is two to three weeks.
Admitted to OU
If you accept our offer of admission, you are REQUIRED to send your official transcript from your most recent degree-conferring institution. It must be submitted no later than the end of the admission term.
Transcripts should be sent to:
OU Extended Campus
Registration and Records
1700 Asp Avenue, Room B-1
Norman, OK 73072-6400
If the colleges or universities offer electronic transcripts, you may request that the paperless version be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.