TRANSFORM YOURSELF. TRANSFORM THE WORLD.
The first step to getting an OU graduate degree or graduate certificate from OU Extended Campus is to apply for admission. If you are applying to OU for the first time, you will need to create an account. When prompted during the application process, choose Extended Campus Online as your campus.
A minimum of:
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally-accredited institution
- 3.0 GPA*
*NOTE: You may be admitted to OU Extended Campus on a conditional basis if you show potential for academic success, but don’t meet the minimum GPA admission requirements. In this case, you must maintain at least a 3.0 GPA or higher during the first twelve hours of letter-graded OU coursework in your degree program. Applicants who DO NOT meet the admission criteria need to check our Graduate Admissions FAQs for details.
Graduate Application Deadlines
|SESSION||APPLICATION DEADLINE |
*NOTE: OU Extended Campus recommends applying for finanical aid at the same time you apply for admission.
HOW TO APPLY
STEP 1: Review Program Requirements
Graduate programs may have additional application requirements depending on which program you choose. Please review the requirements for the following degree programs.
- Organizational Leadership: 300-500 word Statement of Purpose describing career and educational goals, current resume/CV, three letters of recommendation.
- Criminal Justice: 300-500 word Statement of Purpose describing career and educational goals, current resume/CV, three letters of recommendation.
- Human and Health Services Administration: 300-500 word Statement of Purpose describing career and educational goals, current resume/CV.
- Integrative Studies: 300-500 word Statement of Purpose describing career and educational goals, current resume/CV, three letters of recommendation.
- Museum Studies: 300-500 word Statement of Purpose describing your career and educational goals, a current resume/CV, three letters of recommendation, and an academic/professional writing sample or critique.
- Prevention Science: 300-500 word Statement of Purpose describing career and educational goals, current resume/CV.
If you have questions while filling out your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or view these step-by-step instructions.
STEP 2: Prepare Application Materials
- Statement of Purpose:A 300-500 word statement describing your career goals and how the chosen degree program aligns with those goals. The statement should also address educational history, including any disparity in undergraduate GPA, and significant life events leading to the decision to apply to graduate school.
- Current Resume:Formatted in a professional manner, highlighting past work experience and education.
- Letters of Recommendation:Recommendations should be written by a professional or academic source (i.e. supervisor, employer, former or current professor, civic or business leader, or someone who is not a family member.)
- Academic Writing Sample (Museum Studies only): The academic writing sample is an example of your academic writing capability. All submissions must be original work only, but they may have been used as a submission from a previous course or research project.
- Professional Writing Sample (Museum Studies only): If you do not have an academic writing sample available, you may submit a professional writing sample instead. A professional writing sample is an example of writing from your professional work (i.e., a published magazine or newspaper article).
- Critiques (may be required for applicants with undergraduate GPAs lower than 3.0 on a 4.0 scale):If you have neither an academic writing sample nor a professional writing sample, you may submit a 1,500-word essay about a play, book or work of art of your choice. The purpose of the critique is to assist evaluators in determining readiness for a writing-intensive graduate program by comparing the applicant’s writing ability to graduate-level expectations. The critique is not a book report-style summary, but rather a critical analysis containing:
- Your reaction to the work
- A critical evaluation of the content and its implications
- Arguments and supporting evidence
- Citations where necessary
It may be beneficial to write more than one draft of the critique. Taking notes while reading or watching can aid in the writing process. Evaluators are looking for the ability to write a coherent essay while critically analyzing content.
- Last Degree Conferring Transcript: Must be uploaded into the online application with the rest of your materials.
- Go to Step 3 below.
- First-time users: Scroll down to create an account and then click “Start New Application” - Graduate Application
- Select the term and Graduate Certificate application. Follow the on-screen prompts to fill out your application information.
- Under Program Selection, choose Extended Campus Online for the campus associated with your intended program
- Upload the following to the application:
- Last Degree Conferring Transcript
- Resume: Formatted in a professional manner, highlighting past work experience and education
- Statement of Purpose: A 300-500 word statement describing your career goals and how the chosen degree program aligns with those goals. The statement should also address educational history, including any disparity in undergraduate GPA, and significant life events leading to the decision to apply to graduate school.
- Go to Step 3 below.
Note: Upon admission, you will be required to submit official transcripts. Financial aid may be available to degree-seeking students only.
STEP 3: Complete Online Application and Pay Application Fee (To be completed for degrees and certificates.)
Complete the online graduate application form and pay the non-refundable $50 application processing fee. As soon as you have completed the required information, please submit your application. Your application will be reviewed when it is complete and all required materials have been received.
Once OU receives all materials (Steps 1-3), Admissions will begin processing your application. OU Extended Campus will make a recommendation and send it to OU’s Graduate College for final review and an official admission decision. Admissions will email a decision letter to the address listed on the application.
Average processing time is two to three weeks.
Admitted to OU
If you accept our offer of admission, you are REQUIRED to send your official transcript from your most recent degree-conferring institution. It must be submitted no later than the end of the admission term.
Official transcripts must be enclosed in a sealed envelope and mailed directly from the institution you attended to the following address:
OU Extended Campus
Registration and Records
1700 Asp Ave., Room B-1
Norman, OK 73072-6400
They may also be submitted electronically, also directly from the institution you attended, to email@example.com. Unfortunately, transcripts submitted through any other method of delivery can’t be accepted as official.
If you have questions, please contact us at (405) 325-1062 or firstname.lastname@example.org.