- A minimum of 120 hours is needed for a Bachelor of Arts with a Major in Integrative Studies.
- A minimum of 30 hours must be earned from the OU College of Professional and Continuing Studies.
- A minimum of 60 hours must be earned from a baccalaureate (four-year) institution.
- A minimum of 40 hours must be upper-division coursework.
- A minimum grade point average of 2.0 is needed for graduation.
- Must be at least 25 years of age.
- At least 60 hours of prior college coursework must be completed.
- An Associate of Arts (AA) or an Associate of Science (AS) from an accredited two-year Oklahoma institution waives the lower-division general education requirements.
- No more than 15 hours can be waived with Prior Learning Assessment credit.
General Education Requirements
- Symbolic and Oral Communication (nine to nineteen hours)
- English Composition I or LSTD 1113 Interdisciplinary Composition I (three hours)
- English Composition II or LSTD 1133 Interdisciplinary Composition II (three hours)
- Mathematics (three hours)
- Language (0-10 hours)
- Natural Science (seven hours)
- Two courses from different disciplines, including one laboratory component
- Social Science (six hours)
- American Federal Government or LSTD 1333 Governing Ourselves (three hours)
- Any Social Science class such as LSTD 1313 What in the World are the Social Sciences (three hours)
- Arts and Humanities (12 hours)
- Artistic Forms (three hours)
- U.S. History or LSTD 1153 History of the United States (three hours)
- Additional Western Culture course (three hours)
- World Culture course (three hours)
- First Year Experience (three hours)
- Choose one course (three hours)
- Every candidate for this degree must select their plan of study, which is a set of courses that meets the student’s professional goals. These courses must total a minimum of 30 credit hours completed in the upper-division level (3000-4000).
- Courses should be selected in consultation with an advisor to submit a Proposed Plan of Study to the Associate Dean.
- All courses must be C or higher.
Computer Literacy Requirement
Students must demonstrate computer proficiency which includes the competent use of a variety of software and networking applications. Please consult your academic advisor for courses to fulfill this requirement.
Electives fulfill the remaining hours necessary for the completion of a BA degree after general education and BA major requirements have been met.
Electives can be taken online through the College of Professional and Continuing Studies and/or transferred from another college or university, subject to the minimum graduation requirements presented above.
Degree Planning Worksheet
Integrative Studies Degree Planning Worksheet