The approved clear plastic bag size is a maximum of 12 inches x 6 inches x 12 inches or a one-gallon clear plastic freezer bag. Even those bags are subject to search, although it is anticipated that search times will decrease significantly.
OU policy will allow non-transparent clutch purses that are no larger than 4.5 inches by 6.5 inches. Bags that are necessary for medical equipment will be searched. No other bags or purses, including diaper bags, will be permitted and the limit on bags is one per person.
Approved Bags PDF
Metal detectors will be located at the entrance. They are similar to those used at all all OU sporting events.
It is recommended that Convocation attendees allow extra time for venue entry.
Everyone entering will empty only cell phones, keys, and metal objects larger than keys from their pockets before screening.
Please note: If you are in a wheelchair, have a pacemaker, or have an oxygen tank, you will not go through the metal detectors. You will go through a separate door that will be clearly marked to enter the convocation venue.
Enhanced Screening PDF
All bags will be searched upon entry into the facility. Only those items needed for medical or family needs plus empty, clear personal-sized containers suitable for drinking water are permitted.
Any unlawful items are subject to confiscation, and the person in possession of such items is subject to arrest.
Prohibited items must be returned to the owner's vehicle or discarded. Items left at the entrance will be discarded.
Prohibited Items PDF
- Clear plastic bags (one per person) no larger than 12" x 6" x 12"
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags (one per person)
- Non-transparent clutch purses no larger than 4.5" x 6.5" (one per person)
- Bags necessary for approved medical equipment
- Approved family care items (diapers, formula, etc.) must be included in the clear plastic bag
- EMPTY, clear plastic water bottles less than 17 oz.
- Alcohol (in all forms)
- Baby seats
- Baby strollers
- Bags, backpacks, fanny packs, and hard binocular cases
- Beach balls, footballs, balls, or other sporting equipment
- Cameras with lenses longer than six inches
- Chair backs with frames, armrests, and/or wider than 16 inches
- Coolers, containers, or ice chests
- Explosives, firearms, or weapons
- Folding chairs or stools
- Food or drink
- Laser pointers
- Noisemakers of any type (i.e. air horns, plastic horns, whistles, etc.)
- Personal heaters
- Pets (with the exception of registered service dogs)
- Selfie sticks, bi-pods, monopods, etc.
- Video cameras