Parent Page: Admissions & Aid id: 29521 Active Page: Transfer College Credit id:31259

Transfer College Credit

Finish Your Degree Faster

If you’ve earned college credits at other institutions, you could save money and get your degree faster by transferring your credits. 

In many cases, a significant portion of the credits you earned at regionally credited institutions* can be applied to your undergraduate degree at the OU College of Professional and Continuing Studies. 

*OU accepts transfer credits in a case-by-case manner. Rarely are nationally accredited hours accepted.

For more information on the admissions process or to request a transfer credit evaluation, please contact an enrollment coach to see if your hours will transfer. 

Apply Today

Community College 

If you have an Associate of Science or Associate of Arts from an Oklahoma two-year, regionally accredited institution, your general education requirements are waived, including math and foreign language. 

You can bring up to 60 hours with you from your two-year institution. 

If your associate degree is from out of state or is an applied science associate degree, we will evaluate the credits on a course-by-course basis.

Other Institutions

OU also accepts credit from other regionally accredited higher education institutions. You can bring up to 90 hours with you from your previous institution.

Military Experience

Prior Learning Credit

In some cases, transfer credits can include prior learning completed in your job experience. Our advisors can look at your history to determine how your past experiences could transfer. You may realize you can graduate more quickly than you thought after your credits are transferred, saving you both time and money.